Radicchio is part of the chicory family. The lettuce is round and small. It has purple reddish leaves and white veins. Radicchio is usually eaten raw. The crunchy and robust leaves create a tight ball form. The taste is somewhat bitter as is the case with chicory. Radicchio can often be found in bags of mixed lettuce.
Get in touch with the Sales department
Want to know more about what ZON can do for you? Then make an appointment with one of the Product Managers.
ZON is a source party, products come from its own growers.
Auctioneer bij ZON
Lettuce assortment at ZON
Fresh from the land
You can become a buyer at ZON in various ways
The auction based on the clock takes place through our digital platform (including the WebClock system) and is THE transparent auction instrument for day trading.
- Use the new auction system KOSMOS
- Good balance between supply and demand in the market
- Wide and reliable range of quality products
- Supplemented in the winter months with products from Spanish cooperatives
ZON identifies commercial opportunities and translates them into successful programs between growers and retail.
- The key account managers actively develop the retail
- Innovation in new varieties and concepts in colloboration with external partners
- ZON maintains intensive contact with various retailers
- Large sales market throughout Europe with an important focus on the Netherlands and Germany
Purchasing via brokerage is done through the Product Managers of ZON.
- A permanent point of contact for your purchasing
- Choice between purchasing on a weekly or seasonal basis
- Short lines between you, ZON and the grower