Sweetcorn, also called sugar corn and pole corn. Sweet corn is a variety of corn that is grown for fresh consumption. Sweet corn is a young edible corn of which the sugar in the grains has not yet been converted into starch.
Would you like to know the current prices?
If you would like to buy fresh products from ZON, get more information
Clock system KOSMOS
With the new clock system, ZON is the first vegetable auction in the Benelux to use a new generation of options. KOSMOS is a Cloud application, so no software needs to be installed. The coming years will be dominated by further development of the system in order to continue to connect with ZON's buyers and growers.
ZON is located at the Hines Fresh Park Venlo, the business park for the fresh sector and centralized in European food logistics.
Large sales market throughout Europe with an important focus on the Netherlands and Germany. ZON is located close to the large consumer market in the German state of Nordrhein Westfalen.
Major roads are easily accessible. Direct connection to highways A73, A67 and Bundesautobahn 61 (Germany). ECT rail terminal 900 meters away and inland port with container facility 2 kilometers away.
Inspiration platform Vaneigengrond.nl: platform of and by growers
ZON provides the consumer with inspiration through Vaneigengrond.nl by, among other things, offering recipes and background information about the origin of the products. The growers are at the center of this.
Large assortment of daily fresh products
You can become a buyer at ZON in various ways
Day trading at ZON takes place via clock sales, with a wide and reliable product range.
- Use the new auction system KOSMOS
- Good balance between supply and demand in the market
- Wide and reliable range of quality products
- Supplemented in the winter months with products from Spanish cooperatives
ZON identifies commercial opportunities and translates them into successful programs between growers and retail.
- The key account managers actively develop the retail
- Innovation in new varieties and concepts in colloboration with external partners
- ZON maintains intensive contact with various retailers
- Large sales market throughout Europe with an important focus on the Netherlands and Germany
Purchasing via brokerage is done through the Product Managers of ZON.
- A permanent point of contact for your purchasing
- Choice between purchasing on a weekly or seasonal basis
- Short lines between you, ZON and the grower